Re: [OM] Help with OM-PC problem

Subject: Re: [OM] Help with OM-PC problem
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 22:30:01 -0700
Here's more OM-PC questions:

Does the Program Mode work properly with non Zuiko lenses? Setting the aperture accurately depends on a rather accurate relationship between the location of the stop-down lever and f-stop. The manual cautions about this, but I'm looking for practical experience.

The manual says the shutter speed may vary by no more than one stop from the viewfinder indication with the 50/1.2 &1.4 and the 75-150 & 35-105 zooms. I assume this is because the stop-down levers on these lenses vary from standard. They say proper exposure is still assured. I can see how this would be true in OTF mode, but it appears ESP mode sets a fixed speed before firing the shutter and so can't compensate for inaccuracies in mechanical f-stop setting. Or does it stop down before determining the final shutter speed?

Obscure stuff, but maybe somebody on the list knows.

Thanks,
   Moose

Skip Williams wrote:

Ed, I agree with the other post that says put in fresh batteries. OM-PC's tend to lock up with poor batteries. They also tend to get the dreaded degenerative circuit disease, which causes lockups at irregular intervals.

It's a shame that this camera wasn't built better. It really was a nice design and had nice features like early matrix metering, rubberized body, and program operation