Re: [OM] OM-PC

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-PC
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 13:50:10 -0700
Possibly useless info.
I just acquired an OM-PC from Tom Scales with no detent action on the shutterspeed ring. After fixing that problem, I was checking out all the camera functions and happened to try the self-timer without a lens on the camera. I noticed that the mirror and diaphram fire as soon as the shutter release is pressed. So add the OM-PC to the OM-4 series and OM-2000 for self-timer mirror and aperture prefire.

Curious, I checked out an OM-10 and 20(G). With self-timer, they both close the diaphram and put the mirror half-way up, so the final mirror movement is rather small and gentle. Not as good as the full mirror pre-release, but more than I expected.

I'm sure many of you knew all this, but it is new to me and maybe to others.

Moose