Re: [OM] Concert photography?

Subject: Re: [OM] Concert photography?
From: "tom wagner" <sally30@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 21:06:34 -0400
Me thinks you got it covered, do the wide angle pack..no camera bag is complete without..

On Fri, 17 May 2002 20:06:03 -0400
 Michael Darling <cosmo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ok, just picked up my press pass for the concert tomorrow here on campus. Pretty good name band headlining (Guster) considering how dinky my campus is (we live in Penn's shadow). I'm in the process of putting fresh batteries
in my camera/winder and cleaning lenses, etc...

Any suggestions for fast color film? I'm thinking of picking up 2 rolls of Fuji NPZ. Is there any really good reason I should be shooting slides instead? How good is Kodak E200 pushed 2-3 stops? The concert has been moved indoors due to the weather forecast, and I know the lighting in the gym is OK for sports, but I rarely shoot under stage lighting conditions.
I'm confident with the spot meter though...

I'm planning on packing the 50/1.8 and 80-200/2.8. I may pack a wide angle but I'm not sure how much use that'll get. Other primes may just make it into the bag too, just to experiment with. Unfortunately I only have one OM2s body at this moment (rest are out for CLA), and backup will be a Leica M w/90 and 35mm. I also plan on shooting lots of B&W (p3200 and pushed Tri-x) since this thing will be stretched out over about 7 hours.

Any tips/ war stories/ etc? This isn't an open concert (only university students), and our gym isn't a really great musical venue, but I retain rights to what isn't published in the paper and I'm looking to add performance photography into my eventual portfolio. Any ideas, comments,
hints, etc... Will be greatly appreciated.

--
Michael Darling
Philadelphia, PA