Re: [OM] Contax T3

Subject: Re: [OM] Contax T3
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 19:00:31 -0700
At 01:39 AM 5/13/2002 +0200, you wrote:
On Sat, May 11, 2002 at 10:32:25PM -0700, Richard F. Man wrote:

> this is why I should use the hyperfocal distance instead of focusing the
> mountains all the way in the back, or.. etc. I

When the mountains are all the way back, and you don`t wan`t someting in
the foreground sharp too, you should set the lens at infinity and shoot,
and not use hyperfocal distance.
With hyperfocal distance you sacrifice maximum sharpness at infinity to
acceptable sharpness for maximum d.o.f.

Frieder Faig

P.S:
I´m assuming that you don`t use long tele-lenses.

I was using a 50mm lens, and I was focusing at infinity or thereabout. After I see the pictures coming back, I think it would have been a stronger picture if the trees in the foreground is sharper.

Which of course brings back to the question of the "photographers' eyes." I wish mine is better :-) (I know, I know, more pictures... more practice)

// richard http://www.imagecraft.com
[ For technical support, please include all previous replies in your msgs. ]