Re: [OM] ARRGGH!! Scratched Negatives Long

Subject: Re: [OM] ARRGGH!! Scratched Negatives Long
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 21:36:51 -0500
At 03:32 PM 5/8/2002 -0700, you wrote:
Fellow Zuiks,

Once again a lament!

snip

I had an 8x 10 cropped and mounted on a black mount with a 1/4" border.
Photo looks great, except there is a white line running horizontally across
the print about 1/4" down from the top.  A check of the negative strip shows
that the NEGATIVES ARE SCRATCHED!!!!  It isn't the fault of my OM-2 as
another roll of film shot on the same day has no scratches, nor are there
any on countless other negatives shot with this camera!  The scratch runs
the entire length of the 36 exp. roll. Film was processed at a local "Pro"
lab!

This is about to drive me nuts!  This kind of experience is why I am more
and more leaning to going digital!  Am I P---ed?  You bet!

Dave Dougherty

Dave,
Two words for you: Edwal NoScratch. Even works in a film scanner. On the film, that is.

Joel W.