[OM] Passing the torch

Subject: [OM] Passing the torch
From: Ed Senior <newshawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 18:21:04 -0400
I realize I'm one of the newbies to Zuikoholism here, but I'm passing it on to my next generation! I just received an OM-PC body that I bought on the evil one. It's the second body I bought, as the first one was damaged either in transit or while it was in storage by the seller. That first body had a 50mm/f1.8 (non-MIJ) on it, so I took it off that one and put it on the new arrival. The other body will now become a parts "locker", as I saw on the Camtech site that there are limited supplies of OM-PC parts.

My younger son now has that OM-PC, along with a 28-70mm Sigma and 80-200mm Vivitar. He also inherits my Vivitar 3500 flash unit. I'm probably also going to give him the cheapo 2X converter I bought a while back. Eventually, we'll get him better lenses, but this should be a good starter system for him.

The only thing is, I guess we'll have to start buying pro packs of film!

Ed Senior

P.S. The seller said that the camera's meter was off by three stops... when I got it, I found that it had alkaline batteries in it! I put in a set of silver oxide (PX-76) and the meter reads the same as my OM-2n's meter.