[OM] Not giving up on my 28mm/f2.8

Subject: [OM] Not giving up on my 28mm/f2.8
From: "Olympus List" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 16:30:25 -0700
Yes, I bitch about my 28mm all the time, I'm not happy with it, and am looking
to dump it at every turn...

So last night, when I was in the bathroom (the home library), I was looking
through the MTF graphs for the Zeiss lenses for the Hassey's... I noticed.. the
difference between something like the f2.8 vs. f8 was staggering...  So I
started to look at my notes, (when I did make them) and I noticed a lot of
shots I thought were soft and not that sharp, were shot at f2.8 wide open.  So
now I moved to 200speed film and am going to try to stop it down, to see if
f5.6 or f8 on my lens is a lot sharper, which I suspect it will be..

'Cause even though I'm not that fond of my 28mm, I am a Zuikoholic.... and the
thought of getting rid of a Zuiko, has always remained just that, a thought...

Anybody else have done tests f2.8 vs. f8 on this lens?  I might do a few tests
to see...

Albert