Re: [OM] Bryhn Chart method of F280

Subject: Re: [OM] Bryhn Chart method of F280
From: Thomas Bryhn <thomas.bryhn@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 12:26:21 +0200
At 16:39 02.05.02, Tom Trottier wrote:

Using the 3T or 4T's auto exposure in this situation will average
between the subject and background, but the center weighting will
usually pull it towards the subject exposure.

With manual metering, you need to do the calcs in your head,
underexposing a little to compensate for the extra light.

Well, that's exactly why I included the 'Background' column in the chart. No need to calculate in your head, and the result can always (not only usually) be predicted within the tolerances of your exposure meter. You better not be in a hurry, though, so I would love to hear about an auto-method giving predictable results.

The easy way is to use auto exposure for many subjects, but for
caucasian faces, you may just want to use the indicated manual
exposure since you want the face to be brighter than an 18 0rey
card.

I still say manual metering with a greycard or incident meter is the easiest ;-)

Great chart,  Tom

<Blush>
Thomas