[OM] OM4Ti problem, help!

Subject: [OM] OM4Ti problem, help!
From: "Thanasis Evagelopoulos" <tevagelo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 00:19:43 +0300
Hi,
I have the following problem with my OM4Ti:
I bought it recently used but it seems to be in quite good condition.
I shot the first film and everything went fine. During taking a shot with the
second film, the mirror stayed locked up. I toggled the lever from auto to
battery check and the mirror went down. I checked the batteries and they needed
replacement. I took then some shots with the mechanical 1/60 and then some with
the normal shutter speeds, just to test the camera. After some shots, the
mirror stayed locked up a second time. When I developed the film (color
reversal) the two frames where black, it seems that the shutter did not fire.
I replaced the batteries with new ones (silver oxide SR44W). During shooting a
third film, the mirror stayed locked up again. I released it by toggling the
lever. The next few shots were ok...
I wonder what is happening... Is this a common problem with OM4Ti cameras? Does
the camera need service? In the case it needs service, is it easily (and
inexpensively...) fixed? Should I return the camera for refund?

Regards,
Thanasis Evagelopoulos