Re: [OM] Losing spot metering (was: Lens hood allowance for filters)

Subject: Re: [OM] Losing spot metering (was: Lens hood allowance for filters)
From: "Mickey Trageser" <vze3m2s8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 17:54:01 -0400
Pete-

You obviously asked too many questions to fit in the standard answer book!

As to your question to the group....
Hmmm, you're the one who usually uses the 28 for buildings and outdoor
scenes. How often do you use the spotmeter? That will be your answer. Some
may rely heavily on the spot and others may not use it at all. I'd suggest
it depends heavily on your own habits as to how losing the ability to spot
meter would impact your photo style. Personally, I judge a scene for its own
light merits. If I need to spot meter, I do. If it looks like averaging will
work, I do that. What are your druthers? I'm sure the cost of a thin
circular polorizer weighs in the decision, but you didn't ask if it's worth
it.
Good luck in your decision.
Mickey