Re: [OM] Off the deep end

Subject: Re: [OM] Off the deep end
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 13:59:30 -0700 (PDT)
> 4X5 is great, but you might want to look at 6cmx6cm first.

Been there, done that.  I've gone through 6x6, 645, and 6x7.  No
substitute for square centimeters.  I've also spent much quality
time with my father's Crown Graphic (4x5).  Love the 4x5 for
darkroom work.

> Unless you are becoming a serious pro...

In reality, I'm selling a fair amount of images from the stock
files and now selling some B&W work.  Add to that the
portrait/wedding work.  For all that, a normal medium format
would be justifiable.  However, a 4x5 field camera is awefully
intruiging--especially when some shifts, swings and tilts are
available.

The key here, is that as the world transitions towards digital
imaging, large-format photography will be the standout which
sets me apart from my competition.  Besides, I hate grain.

AG-Schnozz

AG-Schnozz