Re: [OM] 28mm f2.0 versus 28mm f2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] 28mm f2.0 versus 28mm f2.8
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 18:44:21 +0200
On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 03:23:45PM +1000, Damon Wood wrote:

> Hello fellow olyzuikosapiens,
>
> Although I own a SC Zuiko 28 f2.8, id rather own a MC 28 f2 anyday.

The Zuiko 28mm f2.8 was always MC. The SC variant has 3.5 apperture.

> I have a slightly sneaking suspicion that this is not quite as sharp as other
> Zuiko's from my results.
I know a person who prefers the 28mm F2.8 over the F2 variant because of
good sharpness combined with excetional high contrast ( his opinion -
 and  he tested a lot of lenses).
 My guess: the 2.8 version has more sample variation, beeing
a less expensive lens manufactured in bigger batches.

> On the contrary, you really need to personally test it through lots
> of different lighting conditions, using all apetures ....

This is certainly true. For me, the influence of lightning conditions and
atmosperic
dust is more importand than lens differences between my Zuikos.
With any of lens I´ve made dull photographs, to dispose, and fascinating
crisp pictures when weather conditions were right.
Sometimes small cloud movements cause a significant difference in
the final image.

> All these are just my experiences and opinions.
dito.

Frieder Faig