Re: [OM] On 200 f4

Subject: Re: [OM] On 200 f4
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 17:10:05 -0700
Greetings,
I have been asking for your advice on a lens to buy. Many of you recommended the 200/f4. What I know about lenses came from Gary's tests. How do the Zuiko70-210 and 200/f4 compare? What am I missing? Except for the MC version of the prime, it seems to me that 70-210 has a slightly better performance.
Regards
Boris

I am a little confused since you originally asked for advice on a lens for landscape use. A quick review of about 20-25 shots on the recent landscape TOPE indicates that most of the landscapes were taken with wide angle lenses or short telephotos. All that gave an indication of focal length in the group I looked at were less than 100mm. Yet you are focusing on a 200mm lens. You can buy any lens you want or use any lens to take a landscape shot, but a more useful lens might be a shorter one. Of course it is not clear whether you are already covered at the shorter focal lengths and just want a longer lens.

The 200/4 is a nice lens.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California