[OM] Olympus 35 RC

Subject: [OM] Olympus 35 RC
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 15:28:02 +1000
Enabler's, I curse and praise you all! <g>

I don't really need it, and really didn't know if it
was a good buy, but my perusing of Australian listings
on the Evil One lead me to buy for AUS$32 (about US$16)
an Olympus 35 RC that appeared there, having heard whispers
here that it was an okay camera. I figure if I've been ripped
off, then it's only 32 bucks - a few rolls of film and
processing I guess.

It arrived today, and it looks like a nice little beasty
to have handy. As the seller describes, all looks "OK" on
it - it's not minty or anything, but is mechanically
sound seemingly as a "user", which is what I was after
(though, "I don't really need it", and if I keep using that
as my mantra I'm sure it'll protect me from future
unnecessary purchase). It currently has no battery, so
I can't check the mentioned faulty meter yet.

It's small, but! Tiny and very portable! (well, maybe not
relative to an XA or MjuII :-) )

It's my first use of a rangefinder, and I think I finally
see why focussing can be so quick with these cameras, and
thus why they might be so good as candid-cameras. I had
*no* image in my mind as to what people meant when they
talked about getting the images to converge in the finder.
I went crosseyed trying to imagine it. Now I follow.

...but I don't really need the camera. I can stop anytime I
want.

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz