Re: [OM] Darkroom help

Subject: Re: [OM] Darkroom help
From: "Gary Edwards" <garyetx@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 20:56:32 -0500
Some fine printers, notably the late Fred Picker of Zone VI Studios,
recommended using the next longer focal length enlarging lens (compared to
normal), which for 35 mm would be a 75.  The reason was supposedly better
quality.  Of, course Fred used a Beseler 45 even for 35 mm printing, so he
didn't run into the height/size limitation that you did.  Probably more
important is that you check alignment of the len board, baseboard, and
negative carrier - be sure all are parallel.

By the way, even an ancient Beseler 23 is a fine instrument, and you can
stll get parts.

Gary Edwards

people, places, flight at http://home.attbi.com/~garyetx/