Re: [OM] AG's stroboframe

Subject: Re: [OM] AG's stroboframe
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 13:45:52 -0700 (PDT)
BBB wrote:
> I use the stroboframe "press-T".  You still hold the camera
> (or motor
> drive) in your right hand and focus/manupilate with teh left
> as
> usual. Other than balance, there's no difference between using
> the
> Press-T and using a camera mounted flash.

That model pretty much is a variation (although a bit better) of
the stroboflip design.  I decided to go with the model I did
because the flash doesn't move, nor does the grip.  The camera
rotates instead.  The advantage is that I can use bounce or
soft-box attachments without screwing up the alignment or
shadow.  Overall, I like it very much.

Joel W. bought a cool little stoboframe dohicky.  It has no
handle, but mounts to the camera's baseplate and holds the flash
up and over the lens.  It rotates the flash 90 degrees to the
side for verticals.  Nice and compact.  I almost bought one
myself, but didn't because it was very difficult for me to use
it with my tiny zuikos--it just wasn't balanced right.  However,
with the 35-80/2.8 that Joel has, it is a perfect match.

AG