Re: [OM] Re: TOPE 9, the guessing who

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: TOPE 9, the guessing who
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 12:24:16 -0700
In a message dated 4/24/2002 Stephen Scharf writes:

<< Some of the other photos are obvious from their exemplary technique!
Wish mine was that good! <grin>
(Well, the good thing about the TOPE and all the wonderful
photographers on this list is to challenge you to do your best work,
and to improve. Goodness knows we have some terrific photographers to
serve as mentors!) >>

TOPE 9 was my first entry. Despite being a pretty confident racing
photographer, I tend to be humbled by and in awe of the work I see from
many here. In my quest to improve as a photographer I think it a good
idea for me to participate in these, and besides, it's fun.

<< I'm sure if there was a TOPE on "Speed" it would be pretty obvious
whose would be whose. And, though Mike V. and I are both race
photographers, and while we have different levels of access (and the
concomitant difference in approach that that mandates), our technique
is different enough that it should be easy to distinguish us. >>

It may not be as easy as you predict in some cases. I see a lot of
similarity in our shooting styles, access isuues and long lens head-on
shots aside. Those here who know our styles could likely tell though.

BTW, in a recent post you mentioned an email with a photoshopped image
attached? I never got it :(

Off to the CA Speedway for NASCAR Winston Cup tomorrow morning...

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com