[OM] Olympus Grip Strap with Winder 2...

Subject: [OM] Olympus Grip Strap with Winder 2...
From: "Curtis P. Hedman" <Curtis.P.Hedman-1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 20:41:11 -0500
Hi --

Just received a brand new grip strap from John H, and have installed it on my 4T/Winder 2 setup... but I have a question: exactly how am I supposed to hold the camera? Without the grip strap, I seem to hold the winder with the lower three fingers, while my index finger falls on the release button atop the winder, and my thumb rest just below the film advance on the camera body. Held this way, my hand angles down at about a 45 degree angle, but my wrist is straight. Using the Grip Strap, it seems more comfortable to grip the winder with all four fingers, and press the release with my thumb! This causes other problems, like greater wrist strain (unless I want to carry my elbow high, my wrist has to make the 45 degree bend). I have to believe that tripping with my thumb is not the way to go! Anyway, I studied the photos in the instruction, and convinced myself I have it installed correctly - can anyone out there give me some clues as to where I might be going wrong? Thanx!

Curt in Minnesota (where we have gone from 90+ degrees to a 6 inch snowfall in less than a week!)