Re: [OM] a final answer on F280 flash duration

Subject: Re: [OM] a final answer on F280 flash duration
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 18:15:59 -0500
It's been a while, but as best as I recall, three of the contacts function
identically to their opposites on the T-flashes.  One of the others receives
the clock-signal from the CPU of the camera -- that way, the flash can tell
if it's being used on an OM-4T or an OM-77 (the F-280 would Super-FP on both
models).  Since the OM-4T had a horizontally traveling shutter (travel time
approx. 11 ms) and the OM-77 had a vertically traveling shutter (much faster
travel time which escapes me), the duration of the output of the flash tube
had to be "switched" depending on which camera was being used.