Re: [OM] even more about the F280

Subject: Re: [OM] even more about the F280
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 15:22:37 +0800
Hi Tom,

Yes, the OM shutter curtain travel speed is fixed at around 11ms(?).
But you and many people ignored there is a second curtain. At 1/60s,
the 2nd curtain will only start when 1st curtain finish. The total
time could be around 22ms. Only at 1/2000s the two curtains action
time can be close to 11ms. The timing is just provide you a rough
idea, actually there could be 1 or 2ms between the 1st and 2nd curtain
at 1/60s and at 1/2000s there is a slit between the 1st and 2nd
curtain that could take 1 or 2ms to run.

C.H.Ling