Re: [OM] Re: FS: the whole kit - I am disconsolate ...

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: FS: the whole kit - I am disconsolate ...
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 23:35:09 -0700

Hopefully. For sure you own better equipment than you can buy today (with a couple of expensive exceptions) so why sweat it? Enjoy.

Tris

From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [OM] FS: the whole kit - I am disconsolate ...

I agree.  I don't think it matters much in the long run if Olympus is
standing behind the product line, that is in regards to people getting out
and using their cameras.  They haven't supported the OM-1 for 10 years and
the shutters just keep clickin'. We may run out of key parts, but that's
what junk bodies are for.
I agree with John H. and others. I sent my first OM-1N (purchased almost 23 years ago in 1979) in to John at Camtech at the beginning of the year for its first CLA. I just got it back last Friday, and I must say I am mighty impressed. This is the first time I've had a camera CLA'd and camera looks and works beautifully. I look forward to using it for another 20+ years, and my guess is that it will function perfectly all that time.

-Stephen Scharf