RE: [OM] 300 mm Tamron f/5.6

Subject: RE: [OM] 300 mm Tamron f/5.6
From: "Dave Shupe" <kc7iek@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 21:07:03 -0700
I'm not sure about the Tamron 300mm, but I used the Olympus 300mm tripod
mount for a Hoya 400mm lens and it worked just fine.  I put a couple layers
of electrical tape under the mount as the 400mm is slightly smaller diameter
than the 300mm.

The Olympus tripod ring for the 300mm is sized to fit OD 2.546"  To mount it
on my 400mm it had to expand over the aperture ring which was OD 2.622".  I
needed the tape because the OD on the mounting spot of the 400mm was 2.465"

 If your Tamron 300mm is about the same size you might want to give it a
try.  I got my tripod mount from John H. in March and would guess he still
has some.

Cheers!

Dave Shupe
kc7iek@xxxxxxxxx

Latitude 47° 43' 1" North, Longitude 122° 6' 15" West