Re: [OM] NPPA award and Carolyn Cole

Subject: Re: [OM] NPPA award and Carolyn Cole
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 17:36:46 +0100
Cc: Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes Tom, but Saudi Arabia has oil and wants to buy from the Defence
Industry, 2 important thing for the US.  The UK has also kowtowed for
Defence contracts in Saudi while many British citizens are locked up
without charge.

Anyhow, it looks as if Carolyn Cole takes good photos... no word
about her equipment?

Chris

At 03:00 -0400 22/4/02, Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Sunday, April 21, 2002 at 20:18, Winsor Crosby <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote re "Re: [OM] NPPA award and Carolyn Cole" saying:

 >>I'm not generally interested in newspaper photography
 >>but check out Carolyn Cole's portfolio. I just blown
 >>away that one person could take so many powerful
 >>photographs in one year when I would be proud of any
 >>one of these for a lifetime of photography.
 >
 >http://www.poynter.org/centerpiece/nppa/photo/POY.htm

They are beautiful, but several disconsolate notes are made of the Taliban
chopping feet, hands and heads off in public, while Saudi Arabia continues
to do the same thing to the present day.

--
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.