Re: [OM] sorry for being provincial

Subject: Re: [OM] sorry for being provincial
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 15:01:45 -0500
At 09:48 4/21/02, Bill Pearce wrote:
So the LunaPro is something else when it's not in America? Sorry if I have
confused.

I still prefer the Minolta, though.

Bill

Encountered the non-U.S. names while browsing through Gossen meters on eB*y a few years ago. Non-U.S. origin hardware being auctioned by U.S. owners/dealers is not that uncommon. Made my own small chart to listing U.S. and non-U.S. model names (cannot find it now). Gossen, Can*n, Bogen/Manfrotto and several other major manufacturers continue to use unique model naming for the U.S. market.

Manfrotto is the only manufacturer I know of that acknowledges this and provides a "translation" between them (on Manfrotto's int'l site, but not on Bogen's site). Can*n's camera museum lists models by both names, but one must root around through specific models to find out what they are.

-- John