Re: [OM] [OT] Exerpts from the Kodachrome list

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Exerpts from the Kodachrome list
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 13:35:56 -0400
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date:  Sun, 21 Apr 2002 07:09:53 -0400

(SNIP)

>Being of an ever suspicious nature I note that Dwayne's charges
>about double the price of a Kodak mailer from B&H.  Can anyone on
>this list personally attest to having Kodachrome ruined by the
>Fair Lawn Lab?
>More than an isolated occurrence?
>
>Chuck Norcutt
>Woburn, Massachusetts, USA

I can't say they've ruined any film, but they're ruining my
usually sunny disposition.  Two weeks ago I shot one 36-exp. roll
of Fuji Provia and one 36-exp. roll of Kodachrome 64.  I sent the
Provia to A&I and the Kodachrome to Kodak's Fair Lawn plant.  The
Provia came back this past Monday, in exactly one week.  No
Kodachrome yet, but maybe tomorrow, which will be exactly two
weeks.

A&I also processes Kodachrome, so that's where mine is  going
henceforth.  I've got five Fair Lawn mailers left, and I'm not
sure I'll even use them, assuming A&I does Kodachrome as quickly
as they do E-6.  Two weeks is ridiculous.

I'm probably spoiled, because it doesn't seem like it was all that
long ago that Kodak had a processing plant here in Atlanta, and if
I dropped off my Kodachrome at the camera shop before 2:00 p.m., I
got it back after 2:00 p.m. the next day.

Ain't progress wonderful?

Walt Wayman