Re: [OM] yet more on the F280

Subject: Re: [OM] yet more on the F280
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 21:31:51 -0700

That is exactly what I mean, the exposure is constant with any
shutter/aperture combination under a fixed ambient light. Most people think
you can extend the working distance by using higher speed film or use a
slower shutter speed. But in Super FP mode, both are not the parameter to
get longer flash working distance. It is under ambient light controlled, the
brighter the ambient the short flash working distance or the less flash
effect.

C.H.Ling

It makes my head hurt just to think about it. The F280 manual has a chart that shows increased range for the flash with higher film speed, larger F stops and slower shutter speed. Of course with with higher film speed the automatic exposure system will operate to decrease the light coming into the camera from both ambient and flash sources. I guess you carry the chart.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?