Re: [OM] Olympus Japan service/parts help

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Japan service/parts help
From: "--p.j." <johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 00:31:39 -0400
> From the posts I've seen over the past couple of
> months Oly America has absolutly no idea how to run
> customer service and seems to screw things up
> regularly and constantly.

I wouldn't say you are entirely inaccurate.  My take on the Oly parts dept.
is that they are accustomed to repair techs and other individuals who have
extensive familiarity with the products and repair parts themselves.  In
other words, if you have part numbers you will get much better service and
results.  If you are trying to get a 'screw' that's about 1mm long and came
from somewhere around 'lens mount', you are not going to have much luck.

I've been able to get parts for a BG2, T-28 Twin, Winder2, MD1, M.15V
Control Pack, 28/2, 300/4.5, T-32, and probably a couple other things.  If I
didn't have a parts diagram and knew the item would be difficult to
describe, I explained my situation and asked them to fax me a copy of the
parts diagram.  Sometimes I have to ask a couple times to get the fax,
though.

just my $0.02,
--p.j.