[OM] Re: Hotshoes and slide film scans

Subject: [OM] Re: Hotshoes and slide film scans
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 20:07:47 -0700
<snip>
I never noticed any that did not have the little pads. Without looking at
them too closely I always thought they were separate little rubber (rather
than hard plastic) pieces glued in there to pad the prism. Guess I'll have a
closer look. Other than rubbing the chrome or paint, I don't think a filed
one would cause any problem... many of my bodies are already rubbed from the
shoe anyway.
- --

Jim Brokaw

Hmm....I don't ever remember seeing any pads, Jim....I'll have to check my two Shoe 4's.