Re: [OM] I love my OM

Subject: Re: [OM] I love my OM
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 12:16:04 -0700
Howdy from the Rocky Mountain West;

I discovered again why I love my Olympus OM cameras.  A customer, art
student at the university came to me with his Ca*on A2.  Now I do have
to admit that I have owned one of these and did find them somewhat
useful.  At any rate, he needed to photograph some artwork.  Most works
of art are best photographed by metering manually on a gray card and
locking in the exposure for all the different items.

Well, I could not for the life of me figure out how to do it with the
A2.  It is just not very intuitive.  You have to fiddle with buttons and
dials and look at LCDs when with an OM2 (or any OM) you simply set it on
manual, meter the gray card, make one shutter speed setting (I usually
preset the aperture at f/8) then take photos. It could hardly be
simpler.

Now, if this fellow come to see me again, can any of you tell me how to
help him set his A2 for metered manual?

BTW: Will you all pray for rain in the western US.  If we do not receive
some moisture in quantity and soon there will be many red sunrises and
sunset from all the smoke in the air.

Thanks, Mike

This is maybe the wrong list for Canon wonderbrick expertise. We are simple folk.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA