Re: [OM] Olympus OM2n chrome with Serial No 1.000.000 for sale

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus OM2n chrome with Serial No 1.000.000 for sale
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 16:34:20 EDT
This has got me thinking... (I heard that, AG!)  When a camera's bottom plate
is replaced with a new one, what, if anything is marked on that new plate?
Does Olympus say, stamp "replacement" or something on them? If they are
blank, couldn't someone stamp any number of their choice on it, and, hence,
counterfeit a "one million" or something?  Do the cameras have a hidden
serial number somewhere, like a car does?

George S.