Re: [OM] F280/OM4t questions

Subject: Re: [OM] F280/OM4t questions
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 00:06:42 +0800
Okay, you are forcing someone to answer, I think many people know the answer
but may be this is not an interesting topic, I have the F280 and a 4Ti but
never used the <1/60s manual mode+Super FP feature:

> ...What, actually, is the difference? I guess the best way to say it is:

> Given a shutter speed of 1/60 or slower, what's the difference between the
>  following:
>  flash = Super FP
>  camera = MANUAL

In this mode the flash is emitting a 1/25s long flash, the GN is fixed at
48.2-ft, it gives you a sense of motion even flash are used, which is not
possible with normal flash which the flash duration is from 1/500s to
1/40000s (T32) fast enough to freeze most actions. In this setting the
aperture has to take care with the GN-distance rule and the shutter has to
be set to prevent the ambient light from too strong. May be starting from -1
stop and make some trial.

>  flash = NORMAL
>  camera = AUTO

Simply TTL auto and which fixed the shutter at 1/60s flash sync.

And the third mode is super FP - flash set at Super FP mode and camera in
auto, shutter speed must be greater than 1/60s to trigger the flash. In this
mode the effectiveness (working distance) of the flash is dependent on the
ambient light intensity. Vitally independent on the shutter, aperture and
film speed.

C.H.Ling