Re: [OM] film scanner, mainly for B&W ?

Subject: Re: [OM] film scanner, mainly for B&W ?
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 09:02:50 +0100
I use the Minolta Dimage Scan Elite (F2900) which is the same optical
resolution as the Scan Dual  II Jim.  It is a fine scanner with a
decent interface.  I can often adjust the scan in the software and
not have to worry about fiddling in Photoshop Elements.  The
difference between my scanner and the Scan Dual is that the latter
has no ICE capability which I use pretty well all the time.

You might consider the Canoscan FS4000 or the Nikon LSIV, although
the latter's interface is apparently on the PhD level of complexity
;-).

Chris

I am considering buying a film scanner, mainly for B&W films. What is the
color depth I need for B&W scans? Will 12 bit work well with no dithering
for B&W? Can any one recommend a scanner?

I am considering a Minolta Dimage Dual Scan. II.

Jim Mueller

--
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker