[OM] Vivitar with OM mount

Subject: [OM] Vivitar with OM mount
From: "John Wheeler" <wheelej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 12:43:48 +1000
Well, it arrived on Thursday, my new secondhand 70-150/f3.8 Close Focus
Vivitar zoom. Secured from the Oz branch of the evil one ex Witold Wawrzycki
in Adelaide. He sent it COD superbly packed and it's just as described, good
glass, snappy aperture, just a few specs of dust, about 8+. But before
taking it up to Queensland tomorrow for a two week sojurn in God's country I
decided to give it a quick test with a roll of Kodak Max 400. So I wandered
around the cliff late afternoon with the westering sun shedding magic light
on the surf and banged off eighteen carefully documented shots at various
focal lengths etc with the OM-2. Next day I had decided to get the roll to
the local chemist shop early for processing so as to get it back in the
afternoon. Went to rewind the film, no resistance from the winder
whatsoever! You know that sinking feeling you get when you just know there's
a serious and expensive fault with the camera? So I threw caution to the
wind and opened the back. Not a bloody film in sight! I know I loaded it,
I'm absolutely sure I loaded it, I can actually remember doing it. Talk
about senior moments...
Regards,
John.