[OM] Olympus Pursuit Vol 21 #2, April 2002

Subject: [OM] Olympus Pursuit Vol 21 #2, April 2002
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 11:13:36 +1200
Hi folks,

Remember when Wayne Harridge told us that this journal had just come out -
 about 2 weeks ago?.

Well, I managed to persuade H E Perry's Sales Manager (NZ OM agent) to
send me one, and I have it.

It's only 14 pages, but there's some insight to be gained as well as the
obvious.

Firstly, the swan-song article about the OM system. AG would approve.
Even though the article is just 3 pages with little text, every lens they show
has a reflective edge to the front ring <g>  There's also a bisected M1; like;
almost bisected with a cleaver. I exaggerate - it must be difficult to bisect a
piece of equipment and still keep it all looking tidy.

The Editor Emiko Ogami wrote:
" In this issue, our feature article reviews the history of the much-loved OM
series 35mm SLR that was retired from the active product list on January 18.
After the camera's retirement was announced, we heard from many users
around the world. Some reminisced about the pleasure their OM had brought
them and expressed sorrow at its passing: some even requested the OM
line's continuation. But the one thing everyone seemed to agree on was that
their OM had enabled them to preserve their fondest memories on film - and
it was those memories that they were most grateful for. Although the camera
may be gone, the memories live on.

I would also like to take this opportunity to announce that beginning early
this summer, Pursuit will be available on the Web. While maintaining the
traditions that guided us in the past, we'll do our best to make it more
exciting than ever. I'll have more details in the next issue.

Until then,
Emiko Ogami
Editor"

There is much coverage of Olympus equipment for a wide range of non-
photographic purposes, but also a page and a half devoted to 2 articles that
show how Olympus is really trying hard to get photographers - both
established professionals and students - interested in their digital systems.

Lastly, there is a middle section - four pages devoted to the night-time B&W
street photography in Sydney, (five pages really as he has the whole front
page as well) using OM gear - of photographer Robert James Wallace.

Cheers, Brian