Re: [OM] MC 28mm f2? (slightly long)

Subject: Re: [OM] MC 28mm f2? (slightly long)
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 11:14:35 +0800
Yes, ten years ago I found a 28/2 with bad front element (coating
scratches) but it was cheap so I bought it and have the front element
replaced at the Olympus service center here, after a few months I sold
it. Two years ago I bought another one at a shop here which also has
the same problem but much lighter marks, this time it was not cheap
and I got a new front element from John H, I sold it again later since
I need some funds for other purpose. Few months ago I bought a 28/2 at
ebay with the same problem again at a good price and replaced the
front element with the one I taken out from my 2nd 28/2 as the mark is
much lighter. I have never seen other Zuiko has so many problem with
front element, it is really a mystery.

C.H.Ling