Re: [OM] OM2n - meter problems....any clues?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2n - meter problems....any clues?
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 19:18:23 -0500

T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>  when I move the apeture ring. ASA dial at
> 1600, shutter at 1s, mode in "manual" lens up against a lightbulb. With
> f16, the needle centers. Turning to f1.8, the needle....also centers....
>
> Now, I guess that this indicates that the meter string may be off, as John
> suggests?

Just to be sure we're all on the same track -- the needle _does_ react to light
variations?  For example, in the above case, if you were to move your hand
between
the lens and light, the needle would move down and back up?

If so, I'd agree, it sounds like a broken string -- that or a broken/jammed
coupling ring (check inside the front mount -- compare it to the coupling ring
of
your OM-1, it should look similar).  Usually, when OM-2/2n meters don't work,
they
_don't_work_, i.e. they're dead.  This sounds mechanical, and therefore
repairable
(as opposed to needing a replacement meter).