Re: [OM] Some (newbie) questions

Subject: Re: [OM] Some (newbie) questions
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 18:52:17 -0500

Bart Kuik wrote:

> The shutter-release-button of the OM2 hangs if I press it to deep....

The release button fits inside the collar, and is held in place by a tiny screw
in it's side that travels up and down in an oblong opening in the collar.  The
collar is held onto the top cover by a ring screwed around it from the underside
(underneath the top cover).  The problem (in all likelihood) is that that tiny
screw has pressed against the bottom edge of that oblong opening until the metal
of the collar has spread, causing it to jam the button at the bottom end of it's
travel when it's pressed firmly down.  The solution is to remove the top cover,
unscrew the ring on the underside of the release collar and remove it, then
remove the tiny screw from the side of the release button, and finally scrape
the inside of the lower end of the oblong opening with an X-acto-type knife.
Then reassemble -- not a problem!

> collectors and Olympus-freaks? (just curious...)

Hm-m-m-m-m....  Don't know if I've ever seen or heard of folks like _that_ --
has anyone else?