RE: [OM] E20N review in MacWorld

Subject: RE: [OM] E20N review in MacWorld
From: William Clark <wclark@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 09:14:42 -0400
I am late on this thread but will give my 1 cents worth.  I have borrwed it
from my local dealer a few times.  I love it, but the write times are very
slow.  I have something to compare it to; an Olympus 2100uz, which, under
the same resolution, writes much faster.  In addition, the LCD on the E20 is
very poor, there is a huge difference when compared to the 2100uz.  Also, no
spot autofocus on the E20, which is handy.  these isuues have been bought up
on many review sites and keep me from spending the $3000 Canadian for it.
The next E model (hope there is one) should be better.  It is bar far the
best digcam build wise, but my 2100, beleive it or not, just seems to run
better.

One thing that about Oly that bothers me though.  Their on-line support is
horrendous!!!  Why do they not offer firmware upgrades as downloads?

-Bill