Re: [OM] [OT] Opinion needed

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Opinion needed
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 07:03:26 EDT
Hi Stephen,

I just bought a Minolta CLE with 40mm lens and the Minolta dedicated flash
(280PX) for $850. The seller had it FS for $950 and apparently had no takers.
I offered $850 and he accepted. I also bought the 90mm M-Rokkor separately
from a dealer for $400. It was advertised as "mint". Just got it last week,
the test shots are still in the camera. There was also another CLE with 40mm
lens advertised (on photo.net) for only $700, which I just missed.
Many years ago I owned a Leica CL (same as the Minolta, originally sold under
the Leica name. The cameras were designed by Leica and made for them by
Minolta). The CLE is a year or two later "improved" model, almost the same,
but electronic-only shutter, sold only by Minolta, after Leica dropped the
camera from its line-up. The CL sold well, but cut into the sales of the
then-current M-4.
So, your price of $1250 is kinda right in the ballpark if its in nice shape.
Be a little patient is my advice. My CLE has slight rub marks from moving
around in a camera bag, no dents, chips, etc.
A good place for help/info/ possible cameras is the "Minolta Manual" users on
Yahoo! Groups.
here: Yahoo! Groups : ManualMinolta</A>

OLY content- These bodies/lenses make a very nice travel kit, but aren't a
replacement for a system such as Olympus. They fit in a very small bag.
Good luck, and feel free to write me off-list to discuss it further.

Best,
George S.