Re: [OM] Speaking of fisheye lens...

Subject: Re: [OM] Speaking of fisheye lens...
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 00:22:33 -0500
At 00:07 4/10/02, you wrote:
Has anyone ever used a fisheye adapter that attaches to a lens filter thread (i.e. 49mm)? If so, can you provide a brief comment or 2, including the lens you attached it to. Thanks.

John Cwiklinski

Yes. Used a 180 circular adapter on a 50/1.4 MC during February. It's intended for use on a "standard focal length" lens although it can be used on shorter down to about 35mm (not recommended; just makes the circle smaller) and longer lenses (100mm is the same as a full-frame fisheye). Used it again about two weeks ago on a Mamiya M645 80mm f/2.8 Sekor C (75mm-80mm is the standard focal length for 645 and 6x6 medium format). I had one of the 35mm chromes scanned and posted it here:
  http://johnlind.tripod.com/oly/gallery/om155.html

It's a little soft at the edges and works best if it (the adapter) is stopped down by at least two stops. I get sharper images (on film!) with medium format for some reason.

-- John