Re: [OM] OM-2S flash question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S flash question
From: "Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 23:46:09 -0400
It sounds like the self-timer to me too.  If the 2S is like my 4, when you
have the self timer lever 'on', when you press the button, the mirror kicks
up.  I think you're interpreting that sound as the shutter opening.  After
the countdown, the first shutter curtian opens, the flash fires, the second
curtian closes, and the mirror returns.

I suggest watching ebay for a 2S manual or a photocopy.  You will be able to
buy either but you may need to be patient if you prefer an original to a
photocopy.  Better yet, buy the eSIF, a collection of owners' manuals and
specifications built by an OM maven.

Lama