[OM] Error at B&H Photo?

Subject: [OM] Error at B&H Photo?
From: "Robert Swier" <rswier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 15:42:08 -0500
I recently bought an F280 from B&H and shortly thereafter bought what I
thought was the cord for using the F280 off-camera with my OM4t. The cord
came yesterday and it doesn't fit; the round end of the cord that attaches
to the flash has room for 5 pins, while the f280 has 7 pins. B&H described
the cord I bought as "TTL Shoe Cord 0.6m/2' (Off-Camera Cord) for F280 Flash
(with Shoe 2 ONLY)". The B&H Catalog # was OLTTLSC.6

It would seem that B&H made a mistake in saying that this cord would work
with the F280. The directions included from Olympus say definitively that
the cord cannot be used with the F280 and that it works with T-series
flashes only.

I don't have any T-series flashes now, but I expect I might get one in the
future, so I'll keep the cord.  Also, since the cord I really needed for my
F280 is currently out of stock at B&H, and since no one is selling one on
ebay at the moment, I wonder, does anyone on the list have one that they
want to sell me?

Robert Swier
Rochester, NY