[OM] International Roll Call

Subject: [OM] International Roll Call
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 06:24:50 +0100
Just a quick resumée:

My first serious camera was a Minox B which my mother never used.  I
used to develop the negs as well in a dinky little tank that came
with it!

That was in Aden where I lived with my parents in the early 60s.  I
used grotty Instamatics then until I bought my first SLR, an OM1MD in
1979 in a NAAFI (Navy, Army and Air Force Institute) in Germany - I
had joined the RAF by then and I was on my first tour flying Jaguars
in the Strike/Attack role in the Central Region (Cold War
terminology).

I could not afford Zuikos until 1994, when I swapped my Vivitar 28
and 80-200 for Zuikos (28/2.8 and 200/4).  Since then my collection
(I wish I used it more) has grown, especially since I joined the List
in 97/98.

I have now retired from the RAF, but I am a full-time reservist with
the RAF (it is a tax & pension thing and it enables me to fly again)
operating from a base in Cambridgeshire and teaching university
students military flying on a little putt-putt called a Grob115E -
well sort of military flying ;-).

Chris
--
<|_:-)_|>