[OM] Help for insurance

Subject: [OM] Help for insurance
From: Brian Gray <bandvg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 22:30:05 +0100
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Damon
From your posting to OM List, I am not clear whether you have had your 300mm4.5 Zuiko checked, or only the camera as the damage to the latter was visible?

I ask because I dropped an OM10 with a brand-new Vivitar macro 28-70mm over ten years ago. I got a toe under the unit to break the fall but sent the lens for a check even though I could not see any visible damage. It came back pronounced as beyond economic repair (and a second dealer reported likewise). The good part of the story is that I have still not detected any effect on its performance but it has had very little use as I do not trust the lens. The camera is still going strong after one major repair in the intervening years and backs up by 2SP.

I am not trying to be discouraging, but one insurance claim is better than trying to submit a second later after the first has been processed.

Good Luck.

Brian Gray