[OM] Back from an easter in London....

Subject: [OM] Back from an easter in London....
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 15:09:24 +0200 (CEST)
Hi y'all,

I'm back from a small easter vacation in London. We were staying with some
family in a near suburb and - basically - spent the time doing all the
"touristic things" seeing the mandatory sights, shopping in Harrods
etc. We did do a small road-trip to Oxford too.

I had choosen a photographic setup consisting of an OM2s/p, loaded with
Kodak Ektachrome 100 SW (and, when I ran out of Ektachromes, Kodakchrome
25) and a plain OM2 with Ilford Delta 100. I brought a small T20 flash,
and as lenses I brought the 24/2, 135/2.8, 200/4.0 and the 35-105/3.5-4.5.

I ended up never using the zoom (35-105) and the 200/4. I took a very few
frames with the 135/2.8 - and the rest of the 4 films were shot with the
24/2. While touring London by (mostly) foot, the compactness of the 24/2
over a zoom, combined with the relatively wide, yet not distorted
angle-of-view from the 24/2 was perfect. I carried the 135/2.8 in my inner
pocket to have it instantly available (hah, try that with a WunderBrick
lens of any focal length...) but it was hardly ever needed.

We were very lucky with the weather, sunsihine friday and saturday, having
only sunday and monday be a bit "grayish". Thus I had nice use for a
polarizer the first days - and "cheated" by using a half-tobacco filter to
get some color into the clouds ;)

So now I'm just waiting for the processing to complete. That's a real
problem with Kodakchromes - the 2 weeks processing delay. Ahh, well....

Best regards to all

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering