Re: [OM] Strange Olympus Lens on "that site"

Subject: Re: [OM] Strange Olympus Lens on "that site"
From: "Skip Williams" <skipwilliamsom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 08:55:13 -0500
Cc: jrockman@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Yes, the Pen F/FT mounts were all the same throughout their life from 1963-1972. What dimensions are you looking for. Their lenses are very easy to spot, given their small size vs. normal 35mm lenses.

Literature on the fixed-lens, Olympus Compact rangefinders of the late 60's and 70's is pretty easy to find, but not very comprehensive. It's mostly small promotional fold-outs or booklets. Japanese manufactures of the day didn't tend to put out detailed literature on consumer-level cameras of that day (which most of the Pens and RFs were). Typical buyers didn't care about the detailed tech specs.

I've never seen literature or instruction books for sale for the Ace. This and the Ace-E were the only interchangable-lens RF's that Olympus produced. I think the only way you will be able to get any dimensions is to ask someone who has one. AFAIK, There were only the four lenses available for the camera mentioned on Claus' site.

Literature for the Pen F/FT series can be found on my site. I'm sure that I've got the best collection online in the world. I didn't scan the books or the large monographs that I have though. And I don't have all the literature, but I'm still looking. :-)

Skip