Re: [OM] which meters correct?

Subject: Re: [OM] which meters correct?
From: Charles Sdunek <charles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 21:33:42 -0500
Wanted to take a moment to thank you guys for your input. This weekend I'm going to compare the two to my dads Lunasix meter which he claims has always been "right on". Well, right on to him means that it matches his F2 and judging by his results with his other cameras, I'd say its a good reference point anyway. He seems to think this is funny and wants to test the meters of all of our cameras...I told him we would probably both have a nervous breakdown when we found they were all different. He said we could take and average...heheheh. Anyway, this should tell me whether one is just way out, or whether both are at the opposite ends of the tolerance. Like I think I said before. Hopefully the OM2 is the one that is out of whack since I need to get it in for a new foam and cla anyway.

Charles

PS, I did put the new set of batteries in when I noticed the difference hoping that would take care of it. but alas...nothing so simple.. hehehe

At 06:48 PM 3/28/02, you wrote:
Also, one thing that just occurred to me is that you should be sure to use good, fresh, silver oxide batteries in both cameras. Alkaline and lithium's (or weak silvers) may not have the current to properly deflect the meter needle, even if the
battery check says the voltage is "good".