Re: [OM] Foam question

Subject: Re: [OM] Foam question
From: Joshua Putnam <josh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 11:41:58 -0800
John Hermanson wrote:

2mm (no adhesive) is good for the slots, 1mm for the hinge area of the 10 &
G.  2mm w/adhesive Can you get sheets of 2mm foam w/o
adhesive?  If so please let me know.

When I make my own light seals, I use polyurethane foam that I order from McMaster Carr. It's a bit denser than factory foam, and more durable. They carry US, not metric, thicknesses, but 1/16" and 1/32" work well for most seals.

They carry both open- and closed-cell foam in a variety of thicknesses, with and without adhesive. www.mcmaster.com

--
          josh@xxxxxxxxx is Joshua Putnam
            http://www.phred.org/~josh/