Re: [OM] Re: BG 1 & 310 QA Flash Question....Updates

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: BG 1 & 310 QA Flash Question....Updates
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 00:34:12 -0600
Hi, Larry --

No, the BG shouldn't heat up just from brief use.  Chances are the
circuit's beginning to fail.  I've got a few new circuits left, btw.

Even so, I would first try to isolate the various components and see if
things get hot only under certain circumstances -- for example, does the
flash or grip have to be plugged into the camera for it to get hot, or
will it heat up even separately?  If only when plugged into the body,
there might be an insulation problem with the sync circuit of the body.
If you can, you might want to connect things to a different body, just
for grins.