Re: [OM] lens caps

Subject: Re: [OM] lens caps
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 16:47:04 -0700
At 09:51 PM 27/03/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>can someone tell me where I could get a lens cap for my lens,it came without
>one.  I also saw something that said that when you remove lens to put another
>on, that you should have a cap that covers the back end too, is this right?

Kierstin, answers to your questions (in reverse order):

1. Correct.  If you remove a lens from the camera and store it, BOTH lens
surfaces (front and rear) should have caps over them.

2. Almost any camera store should be able to provide you with an inexpensive
slip-on or snap-in camera lens front cover.  If your lens is a Zuiko 50mm/1.8,
any generic 49mm lens cover should work.  They're less than $10.00 Canadian, or
probably less than 4 pounds UK.

Garth